Monday, 13 August 2012

I WANNA DO MY OWN THING


“What is all this bullshit about living according to some rules in the bible anyway? You mean I am too stupid to make my own rules and live by them hun? I believe in God as the Supreme Being and that’s all there is. I wonder what some people gain by going to church, or wait all night praying when all they need do is to tap into their potentials. The most annoying is the fact that they can’t get away doing things they really love to do deep down in their hearts, they are confined by the holy book’s rule of living. Oh gosh! What a waste of my time. You know what; I wanna do my own thing. I don’t care if it pays as long as I am the one in charge of things, I am happy, in control and on top of my game. You could call me a Christian, my mother would love that but you must add liberal to it cos I wanna do my own thing”

The above excerpt was the status on my facebook some miserable years ago when I thought giving my life to Christ and having a relationship with him was the dumbest thing I could ever do. But I am so sorry about all that I wrote because I got so many likes and comments back then, things are no longer what they used to be. I find doing my own thing very unwise because I was missing out on all the help God offers me. I wasted my time trying to be among, I am not talking about the world’s definition of being successful which is having tush rides, cute babe, cash in hand, money in your account, nice house, important peeps and all that because I had all of that, I practically lived to get those things but in spite of it all I was wretched. don’t get deceived about the big boys and babes in town, they wish they could give it all up to be a Christian like you behind the glamour and glitz lies a miserable life wanting a way out but it’s hard not to be selfish, greedy, immoral, thief, fornicator, drunkard, prostitute, and so on ALL BY YOURSELF.

Until I got hold of this scripture, Romans 7:15-18 I thought I could do own thing and be the good guy, unfortunately, when I try to do good, evil is present with me. For I fail to practice the good deeds I desire to do, but the evil deeds that I do not desire to do are what I am ever doing. Because I didn’t give Jesus my life and allow his help to be a good man, evil followed me all about even when I purposed to do good. I thought giving my life to him was going to make me dumb, because I am the kind of guy who loves to be in charge. When I read it that I should cast all my cares unto God, I thought “so what I am going to do if you have to do everything for me?” I didn’t know it means that he was going to be working in me, teaching me how to live, how to speak, how to be a good man, how to live a life worthy of emulation and most importantly how to be the shinning light that he has called me to be, in order to prove himself mighty in me so others can see that Jesus is the answer for the world today.

Now I know that nothing good dwells in doing my own thing, I can will what is right but I cannot perform it because it is not by power nor by might but by his spirit will I ever amount to somebody valuable. It is in him that I have my definition, my goals and all that I need in life. I cannot do my own thing when all the help I need is in Christ Jesus. In case you have been misled by my previous status, please give it to him, he wants to help you become a better person, DO HIS WILL, DON’T DO YOUR OWN THING.

No comments:

Post a Comment