Monday, 26 September 2011

Only your best!

No matter what you do — sweeping the streets, running a corporation, or the work of a stay-at-home mom — your job is more than a job. The Bible says that while you are here on earth, you should use your work as an act of worship. 
This means that whatever you do, you are to do it with enthusiasm. If your heart is not in it, you are in the wrong job. If you are not working with all your heart, you are sinning. I didn't say that; the Bible says it.
Why work with all your heart?
Because you are working “as though you were working for the Lord and not for people.”No matter what I do, if it is to prepare a meal, sign an invoice, do an analysis, close a deal, make a sale, make a delivery — whatever it is, I am to do it as if I'm doing it for God, and so it becomes an act of worship.
How will the way you work change now that you know it is an act of worship?

This daily from Rick Warren really touched me and i thought i should share it with you. give it your best

4 comments:

  1. The bible is COMPLETE, I wonder why people will stay on a job and will not put in their best yet they expect to get paid. That is ROBBERY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bible is COMPLETE, I wonder why people will stay on a job and will not put in their best yet they expect to get paid. That is ROBBERY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work is an inspiration.you are really doing your ministry on earth,keep it up.cheeers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks jesus boy,@integrity its funny though but that's just the way it is in the world

    ReplyDelete